Commercial shade structures in Sydney can benefit a range of industries for a variety of applications, and a shade structure can be one of many things; it can be a commercial outdoor umbrella, shade sail, an architecturally designed tension membrane or canopy, an awning, or even a pergola, veranda or a deck. Basically, any structure that consists of a supporting structure to keep the shade structure in place and the shading element is considered to be a shade structure.
Whether you’re looking to shade an educational facility, sporting club, shopping centre, amusement park, resort, public swimming pool, playground, park, al fresco dining area or other area or type or establishment, you can benefit from buying commercial shade structures.
While commercial shade structures are beneficial for any business or establishment that operates outdoors, they are a big investment. Therefore, purchasing one shouldn’t be a rash decision.
If you’re looking to buy commercial shade structures in Sydney, consider the following questions first:
What is the size of the area I want to shade?
The area you want to shade will play a role in choosing the most suitable structure for your application. The first step is to determine the size of the area you want to shade. Measure all sides to work the square meterage of the space.
- An area of <5 m2 in size; a commercial outdoor umbrella, shade sail, awning or pergola would be suitable.
- An area of 5 to 20 m2 in size; a shade sail, architecturally designed tension membrane or canopy, or a pergola would be suitable.
- An area of 20 m2 > in size; an architecturally designed tension membrane, shade sail or canopy would be best suited.
What is the area used for?
Knowing what the area is used for will help define the best design for your shade structure.
- A shopping centre car park would best benefit from a shade structure with a cantilever design.
- A playground, park or public swimming pool would best benefit from a shade structure with a square, rectangle or hexagon hip end design.
- A restaurant or café would best benefit from commercial outdoor umbrellas or an awning.
Do I need temporary or fixed shade structures?
This will help determine if you need a fixed / permanent shade structure or a temporary structure that you can remove during winter or when unnecessary.
- For fixed / permanent shade structures; an architecturally designed tension membrane or canopy, or a pergola would be suitable
- For temporary shade structures; commercial outdoor umbrella, shade sail, or retractable awning
Do I need sun protection or all-weather protection?
One question many business owners forget to consider is whether they need protection against only the sun or protection again the sun and rain.
- For protection against the sun; a shade sail or an architecturally designed tension membrane or canopy made from shade cloth is suitable. The shade cloth fabrics we use at Ashadya Shade Sails & Blinds offer up to 99% UV-R protection.
- For protection against the sun and rain; a commercial outdoor umbrella, pergola, or a shade sail, architecturally designed tension membrane or canopy made from a waterproof PVC fabric is suitable.
Before buying commercial shade structures in Sydney, take a moment to consider these questions; what is the size of the area I want to shade, what is the area used for, do I need a temporary or fixed shade structure, and do I need sun protection or all-weather protection?
Once you have the answer to these questions, you will be well on your way to knowing which shade structure is the best for your business and application.